This nutritious breakfast is low carb, super filling, and uses both the leaves and the stalks of the spinach – no wastage here!
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 400g spinach (fresh or frozen), roughly chopped
- 3-4 large eggs
- Olive oil
- Salt & freshly-ground black pepper
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon (optional)
- Sauté onion in a little olive oil in a large frying pan until fragrant and translucent.
- Add your chopped spinach leaves, a handful at a time until it all fits and the spinach shrinks.
- Cook for around 10 minutes on medium heat until the water evaporates.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Make wells for the eggs (allow for one or two per person). Crack eggs into the wells and cook until the whites set (about 3 minutes).
- Season to taste, adding chilli flakes if desired.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and serve.
This is extra-delicious served with a little shaved parmesan or feta sprinkled over the top.