These deliciously easy goodies are from Nerys Whelan’s new cookbook, The Keto Chef’s Kitchen. Her recipes are ketogenic, low-carb, sugar-free and gluten-free.
MAKES 2 PORTIONS
- ¼ red onion
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 100ml cream
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- 30g Parmesan, grated
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Dice the red onion and sauté in a small cast iron pan or frying pan.
- Once the onion is soft, add the Dijon, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add the spinach and transfer to an ovenproof dish, if you’re not using a small cast iron pan.
- Once the spinach is wilted, make four holes in the mixture and crack an egg into each.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan on top and bake for 15–20 minutes until the egg whites are cooked and the yolk is runny.
Extract from The Keto Chef’s Kitchen by Nerys Whelan