This after-dinner recipe makes the most of our succulent strawberries. If you’re going out for the day, put the strawberries in the alcohol mix before you leave, for a delicious dessert that’s ready in minutes.
Ready in 60 Mins
- 1 punnet fresh strawberries
- 150ml gin
150ml rosé wine
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 drops vanilla extract
- 600g vanilla custard
- Mint sprig, to garnish
- Cut strawberries into halves or quarters and place into a sealable bag or container.
- Pour gin and rosé wine over strawberries, add sugar and vanilla extract, and mix gently to ensure strawberries are fully soaked. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- When ready to serve, place a generous spoonful of custard at the bottom of a glass. Spoon the strawberries over the top, making sure there’s plenty of the liquid in the glass.
- Top with custard, garnish with half a strawberry and a mint sprig and serve.