- ½ green apple, peeled and grated
- pinch ground cinnamon
- pinch mixed spice
- pinch ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons almond flour or almond meal
- 1 tablespoon inulin powder
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- unsweetened coconut yoghurt to serve (optional)
- pan-fried apples to serve (optional)
Place the grated apple, cinnamon, mixed spice and ground ginger into a large mug or ramekin, then microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir in the remaining ingredients, return the mug to the microwave and cook on high for a further 2 minutes.
Allow the cake to sit for 1 minute before turning out onto a little plate. Top with a spoon of coconut yoghurt and a few pan-fried apples (if using).
Extract from Bridget Davis' Eat Your Way Slim & Healthy.