MAKES/SERVES: 2-3 SERVES | PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES
- 250g chicken breast
- olive oil
- 250g pasta of choice (we use penne and spaghetti)
- 1 large avocado
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 100g spinach
- 100g zucchini
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces and fry in a pan with a dash of olive oil for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Boil water and cook pasta until al dente, then rinse.
- Blend the avocado, lemon, salt and pepper until smooth. If it is too thick, add water to thin it out until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Combine the chicken and pasta and mix through the avocado sauce, spinach, chopped zucchini and cherry tomatoes.
- Divide evenly into 2–3 airtight containers and store in the fridge. Can be eaten cold or gently warmed in the microwave.
Extract from The Healthy Kiwi Student, by Emily and Sophie Martin.