Rhubarb has a lovely flavour and when combined with strawberry makes these slabs of deliciousness!
Makes 15 slabs
- 2¼ cups rolled oats
- 1½ cups wholemeal spelt flour
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¾ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 cups rhubarb finely sliced (can use frozen or fresh)
- 2 cups strawberries finely sliced (can use frozen or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (around 1 lime)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Place oats, spelt flour and salt into a mixing bowl and mix.
- In another bowl mix the maple syrup and coconut oil together. Add to the dry ingredients and mix together well.
- Select a baking tray 30cm x 20cm (12 in x 8in) and line with baking (parchment) paper. Press ¾ of the mix into the baking tray. Keep aside ¼ of mix for the topping.
- Place rhubarb, strawberries, lime juice and maple syrup into a bowl and mix well. Place on top of the crumble. Sprinkle the remaining oat mix on top and press down lightly.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 180°C (350°F) or until the crumble is golden and fruit is cooked. Cut into squares and keep in the refrigerator.