Makes 24 skewers
We have taken inspiration for this dish from the traditional Italian Caprese salad—a truly magical combination of flavours, textures, and freshness. Ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, basil, and a drizzle of balsamic ‘heaven’. We have also added prosciutto crudo, which is an uncooked, dry cured Italian ham, which, when thinly sliced, has a buttery texture and will melt in your mouth.
- 78 small basil leaves or less if large enough to tear in half
- 24 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 12 slices prosciutto sliced in half lengthwise
- 24 small balls bocconcini buffalo mozzarella, cut in half
- Balsamic crema
- 24 skewers
- Assemble the skewers as follows: basil leaf, half tomato, folded prosciutto, basil leaf, half mozzarella, half tomato, basil leaf, mozzarella.
- Drizzle with balsamic crema just before serving.