While yachting in the Mediterranean in 2014 this dish became a firm favourite on board. The tomatoes in Turkey and Greece were unbelievable and the cheeses exquisite. Some mornings we used aubergines instead of zucchini depending what was at the local market and added spinach for a Florentine twist. The dish is named after the yacht.
- 2 large onions, finely diced
- olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 zucchinis, sliced
- 6 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 green chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp flakey sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 4 eggs
- 100g goat’s feta cheese
- Add a good glug of olive oil to a medium size pan over a slow heat and gently saute until transparent. Add the crushed garlic and saute for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced zucchini and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add chillies, tomatoes, honey, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano and lemon juice.
- Continue to reduce until vegetables soft and liquid evaporated. Add another dollop of olive oil and chopped parsley.
- Break in the eggs and cover with lid until egg is cooked to your liking.
Don't miss Nikki and Jordan's recipes in every issue of Motorhomes Caravans & Destinations. Subscribe here.