MAKES/SERVES: 5–6 SERVES | PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 20–25 MINUTES
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp mixed herbs
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp chilli flakes
salt and pepper to taste
3 Tbsp flour
½ cup dairy-free milk (almond milk works well)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking dish or pie tin with baking paper.
- Chop the capsicums and zucchini into small pieces.
- Heat a pan with a tablespoon of the olive oil and add the vegetables, herbs and spices. Remove once brown (3-4 minutes).
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Add the flour, milk, remaining olive oil and vegetables. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into prepared baking dish and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until crispy and brown on the outside.
- Cut into 5–6 even pieces and store in the fridge in an airtight container. Can be eaten cold or gently warmed with a green salad or tomato relish on the side.
Extract from The Healthy Kiwi Student, by Emily and Sophie Martin.