MAKES/SERVES: 3 | PREP TIME: 2 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 10–15 MINUTES
- 1½ bananas
- 3½ cups rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1½ cups milk of choice (we used almond milk)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- watermelon, berries,
- banana, Greek yoghurt, peanut butter
1. Blend bananas, rolled oats, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, egg, vanilla and almond milk until smooth.
2. Heat a pan with oil.
3. Pour enough batter into the panto almost cover the base and cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until pancake starts to bubble on the top.
4. Flip and cook the other side for another 3-4 minutes.
5. Repeat with remaining mixture until all the batter is used up. Add more oil between pancakes if needed.
6. Serve with any toppings you like.
Extract from The Healthy Kiwi Student, by Emily and Sophie Martin.