MAKES 24 PORTIONS
- 100g erythritol
- 100g macadamia nuts
- 70g pecans
- 90g pistachios
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 100g pumpkin seeds
- 40g black or white sesame seeds
- 80g shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 90g coconut oil
- 100g tahini
- 2 eggs
- Sugar-free chocolate to drizzle on top (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 170°C fan bake. Line a 35cm x 25cm ovenproof tray with baking paper.
- In a blender, blend the erythritol to a powder then add the macadamias, pecans and pistachios, and pulse to make a coarse crumb.
- Place the nut mix in a bowl along with the sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds, shredded coconut, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Melt the coconut oil, then mix in with the tahini, followed by the eggs.
- Mix everything together until it’s well combined. Spread flat into lined tray and bake for 15–20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before cutting into 24 pieces.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over if desired.
Store in the fridge or freezer for a quick breakfast on the run. This recipe also works great as cereal. Just bake as normal and crumble it while it’s still warm.
Extract from The Keto Chef’s Kitchen by Nerys Whelan