MAKES 10–12 CRÊPES
These crêpes are honestly incredible but cooking them is not the easiest. The first one or two might not work – for some reason it’s always that way for me getting temperatures right, etc. Please read all of the instructions before you start cooking.
- 85g ground almonds
- 3g Splenda or other powdered sweetener (optional)
- 120g cream cheese
- 60ml almond milk
- 4 eggs
- Neutral tasting oil, e.g. canola, to cook with
- Blend everything except oil together in a blender until smooth.
- Let the batter rest at room temperature for 10 minutes, or make the batter the night before, cover and leave in fridge overnight. Whisk batter again before using.
- Heat a crêpe pan or decent non-stick pan on a medium–low heat. Add 1 tsp of oil to the pan and use a paper towel to spread it around.
- Put around 3 Tbsp of batter into the centre of the pan and tilt the pan around to distribute it evenly. Don’t touch it until you can see the top is fully cooked. Use a spatula to gently free the sides of the crêpe. It’s not super-hot so use both hands to gently grab the crêpe and flip it.
- Cook for 10–20 seconds on the second side. Repeat until all of the batter is cooked.
The Keto Chef’s Kitchen by Nerys Whelan, Mary Egan Publishing, RRP $69.95