Prep: 5 Mins
Cook: 2 Mins
- 1 small banana
- 3 tablespoons quinoa flakes
- 1 small free-range egg
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (almond, peanut or cashew)
- pinch of ground cinnamon, plus extra to serve
- In a bowl, mash the banana with the back of a fork. Add the quinoa flakes, egg, cocoa powder, baking powder, milk and vanilla and mix to form a thick batter.
- Divide the batter between two mugs. Microwave separately for 1 minute on high.
- Serve warm with nut butter and an extra pinch of cinnamon.
‘The CSIRO Gut Care Guide’ by Michael Conlon, Pennie Taylor, Dr Cuong D Tran and Megan Rebuli, Published by Pan MacMillan Australia, RP $39.99.