Prep: 25 Mins
Cook: 20 Mins
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 corn cobs, husk and silks removed, kernels sliced off (see tip)
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 4 small corn tortillas
- 300 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, seeds scooped out, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 bunch radishes, bulbs halved
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves torn
- lime wedges, to serve
- 1 small avocado (155 g flesh)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 800 g skinless, boneless white fish fillets (such as snapper or barramundi)
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- To make the avocado whip, scoop the avocado flesh into a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the yoghurt and lime and season with a pinch of freshly ground black pepper. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium–high heat, add the corn kernels and paprika and cook, tossing regularly, for 4–5 minutes until softened. Tip into a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm for serving.
- Return the frying pan to medium–high heat. Add the tortillas in batches and cook for 1 minute each side until warmed through. Stack onto a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- To prepare the golden fish, place the pan back over medium–high heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the fish fillets in batches, sprinkle with turmeric and freshly ground black pepper and cook for 4 minutes each side until just cooked through. Transfer to a serving plate and flake with a fork.
- Take the flaked fish, avocado whip, paprika corn, tortillas, tomato, cucumber, radish and butter lettuce to the table. Let everyone fill their own tacos and serve the rest as a salad with lime wedges alongside.
To easily slice the kernels off a corn cob, remove the husks and silks, then lay the cob flat on a cutting board and cut down the side to remove the kernels. Rotate and continue cutting until all kernels have been removed.
‘The CSIRO Gut Care Guide’ by Michael Conlon, Pennie Taylor, Dr Cuong D Tran and Megan Rebuli, Published by Pan MacMillan Australia, RP $39.99.