- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or good quality animal fat
- 600g raw prawns, shelled and deveined, tails left intact
- 5cm piece of ginger, cut into fine matchsticks
- 4 spring onions, white parts chopped, green parts finely shredded
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 bird’s eye chillies, finely sliced
- 80g gluten-free oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) Brown Chicken Bone Broth (recipe in Easy Keto Dinners)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 handful of Thai basil leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil or animal fat in a wok or large frying pan over medium–high heat. Add the prawns in batches and cook for 15 seconds on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Wipe the pan clean, add the remaining oil or fat and place over medium–high heat. Add the ginger, spring onion whites, garlic and chilli and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until fragrant and starting to colour slightly.
- Combine the oyster sauce, fish sauce, coconut sugar and broth in a bowl, then pour into the pan and stir. Simmer for 1–2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens. Return the prawns to the pan, add the spring onion greens and toss for about 30 seconds until the prawns are just cooked. Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper, toss through the Thai basil leaves and serve.