MAKES 2 PORTIONS
- 2 avocados
- 4 small slices Smoked salmon
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- Pinch Smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp chives, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the stones.
- Cut a tiny bit off the bottom of each half to make them sit flat or make a nest for each with tin foil and place them on a baking tray.
- Scoop out about a third of the avocado to make room for the filling.
- Add a slice of salmon to each avocado half, then crack an egg in each.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes until the egg is cooked.
- Sprinkle over chives before serving.
Extract from The Keto Chef’s Kitchen by Nerys Whelan
Mary Egan Publishing, RRP $69.95