Coconut water is clear liquid inside a young, tender coconut and is consumed worldwide for it nutritious health benefiting properties.
Add that to some delicious mango (antioxidants, fibre and potassium), mint (promoting digestion) and lime (vitamin C kick, promoting weight loss) – just to name a few – and you have yourself your “let start getting healthy for summer” smoothie.
You can replace the fresh mango and ice with a cup of frozen mango chunks if that is what you have on hand.
- 1 mango, peeled, stone removed and diced
- Handful of ice
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- Handful of mint
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp runny honey
- 330ml coconut water
- Coconut chips – to serve (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blitz until smooth.
- Serve straight away in tall glasses topped with coconut chips. Or refrigerate until ready to consume.