This is a super simple breakfast or lunch dish, which is fresh and full of flavour. Halloumi is a semi-hardened, unripened cheese and is perfect for frying or grilling as it has a high melting point.
We used the pre-packaged beetroot that is vacuum packaged and already cooked. It is an excellent staple to have in your fridge and is great for adding to burgers, salads, or kid's snacks. Seriously, you can whip this up for a quick meal at any time for little effort.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10 spears of asparagus
- 6x1cm thick slices of halloumi
- ½ fresh mango, cubed
- 2 beetroot, quartered
- 1 tbsp herb-infused olive oil
- Heat a griddle pan over high heat and toss 1 tbsp of olive oil over asparagus spears. Sprinkle with a little salt.
- Cook asparagus in griddle pan for four to five minutes tossing until cooked
- Add another tbsp of olive oil to pan and change to a medium heat
- Pan-sear halloumi for one minute each side until golden
- To serve, place five spears of asparagus on each plate
- Divide mango and beetroot between plates, topping with halloumi
- Drizzle with herb-infused olive oil. Voila.