15 mins preparation 10 mins cooking | Serves 4
- 4 thick slices (200g) stale sourdough
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 600g Roma tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 24 frozen prawn cutlets, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 avocados, halved and seeds removed
- handful basil leaves, torn if large
- Heat the barbecue or chargrill plate over a high heat. Toast the sourdough for a couple of minutes on either side, until crisp. Remove from the heat.
- Place the lemon juice and caster sugar in a large mixing bowl and whisk to dissolve sugar. Add extra virgin olive oil and a little salt and pepper; whisk to combine.
- Tear toast slices and add to dressing in the bowl. Add tomatoes and spring onions and toss well with your hands to combine, squeezing a little to release some of the tomato juices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the prawns in a medium mixing bowl, add lemon zest and season. Toss to coat. Cook on the barbecue for a few minutes until just cooked through.
- At the same time, place avocado halves flesh side down on the grill side of the barbecue and cook for a few minutes, until warmed through.
- Remove prawns from the barbecue and add to the bowl containing bread and tomatoes. Using a spoon, scoop flesh from the avocados and add to the bowl.
- Add basil and toss well to coat. Serve while warm.