15 mins preparation | 10 mins cooking | Serves 4
- 3 slices multigrain bread, chopped
- oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 2 bunch asparagus, cut diagonally into thirds
- 3 cups sliced cooked chicken
- 2 420g cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup store-bought balsamic dressing
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place bread in a single layer on prepared tray. Spray with oil, then sprinkle with parmesan. Bake, turning halfway through cooking, for 10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil. Heat over moderate heat. Add asparagus; cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Place croûtons, asparagus and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Season. Serve.
- If using leftover roast or barbecued chicken, 1 cooked chicken equals 3 cups.