- 100ml rice wine vinegar
- 100g white sugar
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 2 red chillies, seeds removed and finely sliced
- 1 pork fillet, approximately 700g
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Flaky sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 large orange kumera, peeled and cut into 1cm thick rounds
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Olive oil
- 4 Tbsp light olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 190°
- Heat rice wine vinegar and sugar in a small pot until sugar melts.
- Once slightly cooled, add the carrot and chilli. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Coat both kumara slices and pork fillet in olive oil.
- Rub the cumin and salt and pepper into the pork.
- Place on baking paper lined oven tray.
- Place the kumara rounds on the tray with pork. Sprinkle the cinnamon on one side of the kumara and season with salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and let pork rest for 4 minutes.
- For the dressing, mix together oil, vinegar, garlic, honey and paprika.
- Stir in almonds and parsley.
- To serve, slice pork and place on plate with pickle, kumara and drizzle with the almond dressing.
Don't miss Nikki and Jordan's recipes in every issue of Motorhomes Caravans & Destinations. Subscribe here.